Monday 22 March 2010

Stealing


There are numerous reasons why people steal. Maybe because they don't have the money to pay for it, they might have the money, but want the adrenaline rush. Teenagers may lack control, and steal because of peer pressure, they may be angry and want attention. Younger children may steal as they don't understand the concept of money.
Whatever the reason, theft is "being bad", whether you steal a sweet from Tesco, or from a friend or rob a bank.

Stealing is viewed differently depending on what you steal. People are more likely to turn a blind eye if you were to steal from a big company than family or a close friend.

Growing up, I succumbed to both peer pressure and felt like being bad. I've stolen alot over the past few years, clothes, shoes, accessorises, alcohol, well anything I could and wanted. I remember at one point leaving TK Maxx with about £90 worth of stuff age 14, just... because! I even stole frequently from one shop, who now employs me!

I think people carry on stealing and push their luck because they can get away with it. I've seen loads of people steal at work, but its rare that proper action is followed though.

If all you're gunna' get is a tap on the hand, you'll carry on doing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment